My Creed
By Scott Hamilton
I am a Christian. I am filled with wonder and reborn because someone loved me so much He died for me before I was born. I am thankful for the forgiving Grace and blessings showered upon someone as flawed and undeserving as me. I have chosen to follow my Friend on a journey that leads to a place of joy and glorious fulfillment. I am made new and cleansed of the old evil. I was many tattered rags, and now He makes me into a beautiful quilt. His redeeming power is unmatched.
The evil is vanquished, but the temptations remain to refine, strengthen and build throughout the journey. My Friend gives me the strength and wisdom to fight the wicked temptations within and without. He provides the model of my life, the map for my journey, and holds my hand throughout the climb, He shines His light in the darkness. What a wonderful Friend!! I am so thankful!
I seek the opportunity to do the will of my Friend’s father who has saved me through His Son and loves me. I’ll work tirelessly to develop whatever gifts or talents He gives me for His glory. I reject the instant gratification and lies of this world, but embrace His love and the eternal security and blessings of His home.
I will not turn a blind eye to the suffering of others, but will endeavor, insofar as my power lies, to be an instrument of my Friend in faith, hope, healing and love. When called upon I will serve. I will defend right with a glad and faithful heart. I will do my best to do as my Friend asks me, to serve others humbly and cheerfully, even when the task is irksome and hard, with faith, love, and honor in all things. For He has done the same and much, much more for me.
To love, live, grow, build, laugh, and believe; To be forgiven and forgive; To fail and to succeed; To develop the spiritual strengths of self-control, patience, gentleness, peace, goodness, joy, kindness, faithfulness, and love in myself and in others……THIS is what it means to be a Christian.
By the way, in case you wanted to know,…..My Friend’s name is Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior and his Father is GOD ALMIGHTY, creator of all that is, was or will ever be, and He would like to be your Friend too. He loves you. All you have to do is ask, and follow.
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment